Saturday, March 28, 2020

D&D 5e - Descent into Avernus!!!!!!

Greetings and Salutations all of you Nerdy scalawags!

Captain Bamba here and I am ready to give you a taste of what a group of friends and I have been working on for some time.

A few years back a few friends and myself decided to give table top role playing a chance. To be fair, one of us had played for a while (not the Captain, surprisingly). But the rest of us had not dipped our nerdy toes into those waters quite yet.

Those choice friends and myself had such a great time at our first session that we've been hooked ever since. Now, we recently switched over to 5th edition. I must say that it is extremely streamlined in comparison to the rule heavy Pathfinder we were playing before. But I do feel that the mechanics being so easy, allows us to dive further into roleplay, as opposed to roll-play.

Currently, The campaign we are working through is Descent to Avernus. Now my friends and I are about 4 sessions in and have yet to make it into Avernus. We are level three (using milestones rather than XP at this point for leveling). We have a couple veteran players in our group, and a couple of noobs. The DM is a first timer. And I cannot even begin to explain how much fun this campaign has been so far.

Now I do not want to give too many spoilers in this Blog post. But to be sure... There will be many posts detailing our band of merry misfits adventures into the underdark. The group typically gets together on Sunday mornings and occasionally on one evening throughout the week. So look for those posts to go up on Sunday evenings! (beginning on 3/29/30)

Here is a little information on the party to wet your whistle...

The party consists of 5 members
1 Half elf/half dwarf Paladin
1 Dwarf Paladin
1 Gnome Rogue
1 Half Orc Barbarian (Thats me!)
1 Dwarf Cleric

I have to say, that playing a non binary half orc with daddy/mommy issues and a taste for the finer things has been a blast. I think i'm in the camp that likes role-playing more than the dice and the mechanics of it all. I can't wait for tomorrow to see what idiocy we can get ourselves into while inadvertently saving the day!

Come back for more on sunday evening and wel dive into the days escapades!

Be sure to follow Captain Bamba on Instagram and Twitter!
bamba_captain and @bamba_captain

No comments:

Post a Comment